This fall, two positions on the 2023 WE Board of Directors are open for election:
- President-Elect (one-year term; three-year commitment as President-Elect, President, and Past President);
- Treasurer (two-year term).
Responsibilities for positions are described in the WE by-laws. Current WE members in good-standing are invited to submit nominations for other members (with their consent) or for themselves. Candidates should be WE members at the time of nomination. President and President-Elect positions additionally require 9 months' experience as a WE Board member.
Timeline and key dates:
- WE Board Fair, Fri. Sep. 9, 2022, 12 - 1 pm ET. Board members share an overview of the Board positions, Committees, and other volunteer opportunities with Washington Evaluators.
- After this event, if you would like to further discuss Board positions and time commitments, please email Natalie Donahue (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submit nominations by Wed. Sep. 28, 2022, 11:59 pm ET. Use the nominations form below to submit nominations, which should include two statements: (1) a one paragraph description of the individual's qualifications (250 words maximum); and (2) a one paragraph vision for the position, if elected (250 word maximum).
- WE Meet the Candidates, within the first week of Oct. (date and time TBA). All nominees for elected positions will be invited to a call with membership to discuss their qualifications and interest in the position. If you cannot make that meeting, please arrange for a statement or video presentation on your behalf.
- Voting begins Mon. Oct. 3, 2022, 12:01 am ET. Individual ballot links will be emailed to members.
- Voting ends Mon. Oct. 17, 2022, 11:59 pm ET.
- Election results will be announced the following week.
In addition to the elected positions, there are four appointed Board positions. Chairs are voting members of the Board; coordinators are non-voting members. If you would like to be considered for one of these positions, please indicate your interest by emailing Natalie Donahue (email@example.com). Appointed positions include:
- Communications Chair (weekly digest, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Community Engagement Chair (Evaluation Without Borders, Career Connections, scholarships)
- Evaluation without Borders Coordinator (pro bono evaluation support program)
- Career Connections Coordinator (professional networking pairing aspiring and emerging evaluators with experienced evaluators)
Washington Evaluators is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion of individuals from underrepresented groups on our Board of Directors in order to strengthen the impact and benefits of our services and resources. We strongly encourage nominees who identify as a person from an underrepresented group to consider serving in a Board position.
Please note that the Board is continuing to host virtual Board meetings and events, and a few in-person events.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Board, but unsure if a Board position fits your schedule, we also have several Committee Chairs who are always interested in speaking with potential volunteers. Click here to let us know if you're interested in volunteering, and we'll have a committee chair contact you.